Vodacom Sports Radio Terms and Conditions
Your Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- As a Subscribed user, you will be asked to submit personal information to us. We are committed to ensuring responsible practices in the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with applicable law. If you do not agree with our Terms and Conditions please do not provide us with any personal information, and please do not use the Service.
- As a Vodacom subscriber and whilst accessing the Service on the Vodacom network, you will not incur data charges whilst browsing the site or streaming of live football matches. Vodacom subscribers may incur data charges during streaming or downloading of podcasts content. In the event that live stream or podcast contains audio advertising, this will be charged at standard data charges as per your existing tariff price plan. If you are not a Vodacom subscriber, browsing usage of the Service, downloading and streaming of any content will result in you incurring costs that will be charged at standard data charges as per your existing tariff price plan with your service provider.
- By being Subscribed, you agree to the following additional rules:
a. Only one subscription is permitted per mobile number. Only Vodacom existing subscribers within the Republic of South Africa may subscribe.
b. You give us consent to provide you with various messages about / based on your interaction with the Service. These messages will be delivered to you in the form of text messages sent to your mobile device using the mobile number identifying you as a user of the Service.
c. These messages include, but are not limited to:
i. periodic messages to encourage, or remind you to browse or access the Service;
ii. messages inviting you to share, voluntarily, data about yourself or your preferences;
iii. messages inviting you to try alternate versions of the Service based on Vodacom’s knowledge of the device you are using to access the Service;
iv. confirmation messages relating to your subscribing for, or cancellation of, the Service;
v. messages inviting you to rate the Service’s quality and your opinion of your experience of the Service as measured by the metric scale provided;
vi. messages with Service content, including, but not limited to, confirmation of weekly results and suggested picks for the upcoming game week, and;
vii. messages relating to the earning, notification and servicing of rewards.
d. You may opt-out of the messages above except for the system messages which are mandatory in order for us to correctly administrate your use of the Service. To opt out of the messages, you are advised to make use of the functionality on the Service settings to cancel messages under the My Account.
- You accept that the Service’s default language is English.
- Subscribed users may cancel the Service in its entirety at any time via the Service menu. When cancelling the Service, you accept that your old profile and preferences will be retained for a 6 (six) month period and for no longer than 5 years (only if necessary), for the purpose of audit trail, and in order to facilitate a convenient experience should you choose to re-subscribe at a later stage within the six month period.
- You acknowledge that your subscription information will be retained for use to allow you access to future iterations and new features of the Service, and that you will be engaged to continue using the Service as applicable for other soccer competitions intended to be covered by the Service.
Provisions regarding VIP Pass
- Users are given exclusive access to the Service on the basis of paying for a VIP Pass.
- The VIP Pass will provide users with access to sports audio content, including but not limited to, live match feeds, on-demand news bulletins, match analysis and podcasts.
- You acknowledge and accept these services require payment on a subscription basis via your Vodacom airtime or bill.
- VIP Pass users are billed daily, weekly or monthly as per the customer choice. Subscription and usage is voluntary and occurs via the Service menu. This charge is subject to change at Vodacom’s discretion. Any changes therein will be communicated to subscribed users with reasonable notice and you will be afforded the option to cancel.
- Users will always be advised of the fees payable for the VIP Pass and such users must first accept both the cost prior to subscribing, as well as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- VIP Pass charges will not be reimbursed or refunded should you choose to cancel the Service. We reserve the right to amend the pricing for the VIP Pass at any time, and any such changes will be communicated to you via applicable means, including the sending of a standard text message to your device to inform you of any applicable change and the option to un-subscribe in the event Users do not agree to the adjustment of price.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Service only covers official domestic and international sports competitions, which may include the relevant league, cup and continental competitions as arranged by the relevant governing football authorities for the leagues which the Service covers, and / or has the appropriate rights to cover. You acknowledge that the composition, structure and related content of these tournaments is published without edit and any inaccuracies are outside of Vodacom and its appointed partner’s control and you indemnify us from any inconvenience caused by this.
- You acknowledge that any subscriptions made by you in error will be billed. For your protection, we ask you to confirm all purchases twice.
- You acknowledge that in cases where we are unable to bill the full value of the VIP Pass, we may re-attempt billing for a lesser or discounted amount at our discretion, being 66% and 33% or any reduced % as we may determine from time to time of the stated service price, until the full amount is collected. If we are successful in billing an amount, in part or in full for the end of the applicable period, that billing record will stand as the completed billing for that particular period (day, week, or month, depending on the option chosen). Billing for the next period will revert back to attempting to bill the full stated price. Billing does not occur in arrears. Please note we have the right to suspend, or terminate your access to the service in the event that we are unable to collect the full subscription.
- In the event that you are a Vodacom prepaid or topup subscriber, you acknowledge that you must have enough airtime available for payment of the subscription to keep it in an active state. You acknowledge that in the event we are unable to bill any valid value (in full or in part) for your subscription, your subscription will be placed into suspension and you will lose access to the service. We will continue to attempt to bill and may continue to attempt to re-enable the subscription for a maximum period of 60 days after the last successful bill collected. Should we be unable to collect any funds for a period of 60 consecutive days, you will be automatically unsubscribed from the Service.
- You acknowledge that we reserve the right to offer the first day of access free of charge to you on a discretionary and promotional basis, and this can change at our discretion at any time. Unless otherwise stated, a user may only receive one first day free per mobile number in a six month cycle.
- All rights, title and interest in and to the Service including, but not limited to, any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, stories, dialogue, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation are owned by Vodacom and its appointed partner. Vodacom and its appointed partner reserve all rights, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with the Service.
- Vodacom and its appointed partner owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use, or provide all of the content that appears in the Service.
Your Obligations and Entitlements
- When subscribing to the Service, you warrant that you are the account holder and are thus authorized to subscribe to and use the Service. You acknowledge that continued use of the Service warrants consent for Vodacom to provide you with access, and to bill the subscription in part or in full. If you do not agree with our Terms and Conditions please do not subscribe, and please do not use the Service.
- In terms of using the Service, you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the content on the Service by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind
- Vodacom and its appointed partner reserve the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of the rules of use or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms and Conditions or the Service itself. We reserve the right to take action as a result, which may include, if relevant, terminating your registration and prohibiting you from using the Service. Said termination and prohibition may occur with or without notice to you, and as a result may involve the loss of any benefits, privileges or earned items associated with your use of the Service, and we are under no obligation to compensate you for any such losses or results.
You are entitled to unsubscribe from the Service at any time and for any reason by following the “cancel” prompts available within the Service menu
Limitation of Liability
- You agree that your use of the Service shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the services and your use thereof. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the services’ content or the content of any websites or services linked to these services and assume no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from your access to and use of the services; (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the services; (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or the like which may be transmitted to or through the services by any third party; or (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the services or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall we or our subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, representatives and licensors be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential, punitive or exemplary losses or damages whatsoever or for loss of profits (including, without limitation, damages for loss of revenue, loss of data, failure to realize expected savings, interruption of activities, or any other pecuniary or economic loss) and whether arising from breach of contract, damages (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising out of the use of or inability to use these services or its content, or any product or service described or provided through the services.
- Save to the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Vodacom from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from or related to: (i) any use or alleged use of the Service by any other person, whether or not authorized by you; (ii) your breach of these Terms and Conditions, including any breach of your representations and warranties herein; and (iii) your violation of any law or (iv) your use of or inability to use the Service, the contents, any hyperlinked website, and any of the products and services made available on the Service thereof.
Vodacom Sports Radio – Privacy Supplement
- This privacy supplement explains how Vodacom processes your data for the Vodacom Sports Radio. Importantly, it is designed to provide additional contextual information to that already provided by Vodacom’s privacy statement. For more information on the Vodacom privacy statement please click here or go to the Vodacom Privacy Portal.
What is Vodacom Sports Radio?
Vodacom Sports Radio is an audio streaming service that offers the ability for Vodacom Subscriber to listen to live English Premier League as well as on-demand sport content.
Vodacom Sports Radio subscribers will be able to both the live and on-demand content through a recurring subscription model. The users have a choice of 3 subscription models:
Daily access at R3 per day giving them access for 24 hours on each successful day of billing.
Weekly access at R9 per week giving them access for 7 days on each successful day of billing.
Monthly access at R25 per month giving them access for 30 days on each successful day of billing
Subscribed users will also receive ongoing content updates sent to their device via SMS as part of the convenience of subscribing.
Due to the method of billing from the subscriber’s airtime and additions to their Vodacom bill, these Vodacom Sports Radio subscription services is currently only available to Vodacom subscribers.
How to contact us
Your opinion matters to us – if you have any questions about this privacy supplement, you can email us at: Askpopi@vodacom.co.za or you can write to our privacy team at:
The Privacy Office – Legal Affairs
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd
082 Vodacom Boulevard
Personal information we collect about you
Information we collect about you
In order to enable you to make use of the App and provide the service through the application, Vodacom Sports Radio collects the below information about users:
• MSISDN (Mobile Number) – This is used to manage and provide the service, to authenticate the user via OTPs (one time PINs), and to subscribe and bill the user as it relates to the service provision;
• Information on how you use the service, such as the date, time and length of your usage
• Consent management – this is used to obtain permission for:
- Subscription and billing for the service
- Sending related messages to you
This, in turn, helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. See the next section for more details.
- Personal information we collect about you - We collect your personal information when:
- You subscribe to the service;
- You use the service.
- Vodacom will process your personal information based on:
- Vodacom’s obligation – to provide you with the service you have asked for;
- Vodacom’s legitimate business interests – when it comes to developing and improving the service to gain insights through app analytics;
- Your communication preferences.
- How we use your personal information
Your personal information is collected for the purpose of being used and processed in:
- providing the Service, enabling your subscription, and billing your account;
- personalising the Service to your respective preferences,
- for the serving of appropriate, tailored advertising to you via the Service,
- for the purpose of tracking the Service’s performance,
- troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement and/or to identify any technical issues that may occur from time to time,
- for use in devising additional enhancements or improvements to the Service, ;
- statistical, tracking, redundancy and audit purposes; and
- Contacting you with offers or promotions for similar, related services (you will be afforded the opportunity to opt-out of those messages specifically should they be sent to you).
We may share information about you with:
- companies in the Vodacom and Vodafone Group (Vodafone Group Plc and any company or other organisation in which Vodacom owns more than 15% of the share capital);
- partners or agents involved in delivering the Services;
- companies who are engaged to perform Service for, on behalf of Vodacom (Pty) Ltd including Vodafone Limited, Vodafone Group subsidiaries, Bassfin Content Inc (PTY) Ltd,Altron TMT (Pty) Ltdor PM Connect Limited (Company No. 07347102), registered in England and having its registered office located at 4th Floor, Colmore Gate, 2-6 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2QD, United Kingdom.
- law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law.
We will release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside South Africa. This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside South Africa, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
- How long we keep your personal information for
The personal information processed in connection with Vodacom Sports Radio will be retained for a period of 5 years for audit purposes should you choose to cancel your account.
Vodacom may retain aggregated and statistical reports about use of the Vodacom Sports Radio Application but these reports will not identify you as a user.
- Keeping your personal information secure
In case you need more information on how Vodacom uses your personal information and/or maintains the security of your information, and your rights to access and/or delete the information Vodacom holds, please contact the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have specialised security teams who constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
If we have a contract with another organisation to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, we will make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we’ve authorised them to. These organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. On a regular basis, our security teams will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements we have set.
- Your rights
At Vodacom, we are committed to processing personal information honestly, ethically, with integrity, and always consistent with applicable laws and our values. Below we set out details on how you can exercise your rights. Please note, under certain circumstances these rights may be limited if we still have lawful grounds to process your personal information. If you have a question or cannot find the answer, please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com or call 082 135
Right to correct personal information
You have the right to correct information held about you if it’s not accurate. The only personal information we will process will be if you decide to access Vodacom Sports Radio. In order to request a correction or updating your profile, you may contact our customer service team.
Right to access personal information
You have the right to make a request for a copy of the personal information that Vodacom holds about you. The only personal information we will hold is your leader board activity which you will be able to see within the app.
Right to object to use of personal information
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to Vodacom processing your personal information.
If you want to opt-out of the Vodacom Sports Radio messages;
• Going to sportsradio.co.za, and go to “My Profile”, “Unsubscribe”, “confirm”.
Please note you may not opt-out of system messages.
Right to deletion
You have the right to make a request for deletion of the information that Vodacom Sports radio holds about you. You will need to have cancelled your subscription to do this, and send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 082 135
How to lodge a complaint
Should you believe that Vodacom has used your personal information contrary to applicable law, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with Vodacom directly. Kindly click our customer care team. We will do our best to help but if you are still unhappy, you can contact the Privacy Office at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with such process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Sports Radio CASH Giveaway Competition
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (”Vodacom”) and Bassfin Content Inc (Pty) Ltd (”Bassfin”), a Vodacom service provider, are running the Sports Radio CASH Giveaway Competition (the ”Competition”) where customers stand a chance of winning a share of R15,000 cash when joining or remaining subscribed to Vodacom Sports Radio service for the competition period.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to all Vodacom prepaid customers and post paid customers from 00h01 on 1st of January 2022 to 23h59 on 30th of March 2022** (the ”End Date”) (”the Competition period”).
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
- Three lucky entrants stand a chance of winning a share of R5,000 ( VAT inclusive) each when joining or remaining a subscriber to Vodacom Sports Radio for the Competition period.
Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, -
10.1. Customers must: join the Vodacom Sports Radio service by visiting and successfully activating a subscription option. Vodacom Sports Radio is a subscription service charged at R3/day, R9/week or R25/month.
10.2. Existing customers must remain subscribed to Vodacom Sports Radio and be billed at least once during the Competition period.
Participants are not allowed to enter multiple times.
There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the standard data costs to upload a valid entry, as explained in clause 14 below. Standard data costs apply as per the user's Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
The winners will be randomly selected on the draw dates stipulated in the table below from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
||January 31 2022
||February 28 2022
||March 31 2022
All qualifying customers will be entered into each draw and customers can win in multiple draws over the Competition period.
All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom.
Vodacom will share personal details of the respective winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved third party agency, Bassfin who will notify the respective winners that they have won in the Competition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
Bassfin will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically OR via SMS on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
Bassfin shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 15 (fifteen) normal working week days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. Winners will be advised of arrangements in respect of prizes at the time of contacting the selected winners.
Should a participant not be available on the contact details provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
The claim for any prize will be subject to security and validation, and Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular winner is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, in order to claim any prizes, failing which such winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a particular winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, such prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
Vodacom shall request the winners' consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
The winners' name will be displayed on www.sportsradio.co.za after a period of 5 (five) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
All prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winners' physical addresses only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address.
In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment customers will be required to provide to Bassfin the following personal details: name, surname, proof of address and a bank letter as a proof of their bank account details.. The prize will be fulfilled via an electronic funds transfer (EFT) into the winners bank account as per the aforementioned bank letter.
If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom's obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (”CPA”).
The judges' decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
Vodacom and/or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
Vodacom, its directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees or undertakings given by any person other than Vodacom itself.
If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom's existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: